Skip to main content

Picasso Art Exhibition

Picasso Exhibition Madrid


Whilst in Madrid, I went to the Reina Sofia Art Gallery where there was at the time (March 2020) a Picasso Exhibition on there.


The exhibition was advertised on social media and also in public.


It included pieces which show the difficult times he went through and also his state of mind - emphasised through the twisted shapes and mangled appearances of the paintings. It has a cartoon appearance to it, similar to that of the geometric work I shown in my last post.


Here are the photos I took-

  

As you can see, Picasso (who lived through dark times) is expressing his emotion through the form, colour and style. His cartoonish style also shows his broad imagination.


I think this is a good reference because it, for some people, is relatable due to the Covid-19 pandemic. However, this does not really relate to my ‘Humans and the Environment’ topic but I thought it would be a good thing to show on my blog.

Comments