Skip to main content

The final piece.


Now I have completed my A-Level course for Fine Art, by doing the final piece. I have set up an art exhibition in my bay, called "City Experiences", which is the final part of my Human's and the Environment theme.

I got the inspiration to do this, from when we visited London as a group and saw the numerous galleries and exhibitions.

I have also created mini guides around the bay, as well as analysis and QR codes to different sources, as well as to my blog.






Here is a quick look at the exhibition, which is located in my bay -

There are 4 different parts to my final piece -

"The Journey" (which includes some information on past work).

"Humans and the Environment final pieces" (which includes the large pieces I have done, each with analysis sheets attached to them).

"Cities in boxes" (which includes two different boxed experiences of London and Liverpool, as well as sounds).

"VR experience" (which includes a very contemporary, immersive experience, using one mockup, paper headset as well as a real VR headset, in which I have converted the two large pieces I have done into immersive, 360 degree images, using online software).

Preview of Liverpool360.

All of the pieces will reference this blog, for further information.

In addition, I have used some second-hand photos and sound effects, off the internet, here is the source of the sound effects.

I have also included the artist references, as well as the area in which they work;

  • Thomas Dartigues (Architecture and cities; graphite)
 
  • Shezad Dawood (Virtual reality; digital software)
  • Charles Sheeler (Abstract Architecture; painting)










*FOR THE SOURCES TO THESE PICTURES, JUST CLICK ON THEM.

To conclude, in my A-level course, I have studied a variety of artists, used a range of different materials and also explored different techniques, which has also been mentioned in my Personal Investigation (PI)

(< Click the image to enlarge).

The final idea has been to express my experiences when visiting other cities, using both visible and audible media, using fine art and virtual art - I have used my skills in pristine, fine drawings in order to create something bigger - the theme "Humans and the Environment" has explored my personal experiences when visiting other cities, shown by the large amount of drawings that I have done, of different locations, as well as the way that I have fully shown what a city experience is like, using art.

To view all of my art work, throughout my A-Level Fine Art course, just select it, on the page heading, above this post.

Comments